Thursday 19 May 2011

Update over the 2 last months!

Hellooo!


I dont think I have updated my blog in ages. Anyways theres always valid reasons for my schedule being packed, but I love it that way. As long as I am doing things that I love.

Recording Time!
Have had a couple of meetings with mr Chris. Colombus (Yes that is his birth name) and decided to go on with his proposal - a housetrack! So we wrote this one together and recorded parts of it last Saturday, together with a rapper - Isaac in Gingerbread Studio. When Chris mentioned we were going to a homestudio I didnt expect much - because the homestudios in norway are very very very tiny and most lack of alot of equipment. But when we arrived there it was nothing but professional. Gingerbread studios is were they record all the songs used in Universal Studios and also Singapore Idol. Even P.A.P record their stuff there LOL.



























Websites

so I used to make websites for 6 years ago, I love coding. I knew how to make a website using either entirely codes or Dreamweaver. Then I came to Singapore and started learning and using Flash and forgot about dreamweaver, so twice a week,  I take night classes in Dreamweaver at the IT Enabler school which ends at 10.. Which is great by the way, the teacher I have is really cool.

Looking into geeking out more during the weekends so if anyone wants to join library on Sundays instead of going to the beach all the time, let me know :P I am helping my company with doing a charity event in September, so need all the inspiration I can get to do the marketing material!






Bandtime!
So was performing at homeclub last saturday. (Ladies of hiphop night)
I put together a band 4 days before the performance, reason being that it was supposed to be just me and a guitarplayer. But it sounded empty and I got a bass and that still sounded empty. We tried out with drums too, and during jamming, taofik was playing around as a background singer, - In the end we were 5 people. Homeclub was not very packed to tell you the least but had a great time anyways! Actually, the night before when the band was jamming at actors studio we had a bigger audience!.




 great supporters=)



 Tuning their strings
 Practicing at Actors the night before the gig





So how do I manage to use so much of my time for this little band? cus IM THE BOSS whopwhop! Thank god nobody can say no to me when I suggest names or album covers. Did the first cover alredy ;


 Ok, maybe not the "hello Kittys". But as I was thinking about names for 3 days in a row, and driving with my friend past this clinic.. the name appeared in front of my eyes. Family Clinic.. Soul Clinic? Music for the heart? Might work.
Website is in work, in the meantime you can check us on our blog for future updates!





Bandpractice
 
Gave up trying to be the drummer and passed the job to Vy instead!

 We are doing a gig together with Zaki on the 18th of June that we are trying to prep for, and this is how the songlist looks so far;

Baby im a fool - melody gardot
just friends - musiq soulchild
how come you dont call me - alicia keys
I need you now - Lady antebellum (zaki and mera)
american boy - estelle


Some "maybes"
something special usher (Zaki)
only exception - (zaki)
One track mind - anisha nicole
norah jones  - dont know why
Shut up and drive? Rihanna
ordinary people - john legend (zaki)
Mike Poshner - cooler than me
neyo-closer - zaki?
my love is like woah - mya

Hmmm any suggestions?





QLUBBR.com
cant say much about this but watch out for it in the future=)
 in the meantime click "like" on our facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/Qlubbr?ref=ts




Weekend Working
I dont usually bother to do event work unless its minimal of work to be done and the scope is to basically walk around. This time they squeezed us into bunny outfits which was quite hillarious and we were basically just taking photos with people for the launch of VIP Magazine Singapore. 

Here with Zie ye and Laurent

 Angie Vu







Doda cutiepaw

 As I think I might have told most of you before, little black doda was found near a HDB block as a very small little kitten. He then grew up in the room of my friend Glenn. 8 Months after, Glenn had to move and he wasnt allow to bring the kitten. I told him id take care of him untill we find him a family or another owner.



Normally people believe cats are a smaller hassle keeping than a dog. Thats at least what i thought. A cat in norway would roam around outside, come home for dinner, then roam around outside again, even during winter. Here, the cat is roaming inside the house, taking a dump then roaming around in the house again, here and there ripping up a whole roll of kitchen paper when hes mad or mad hungry.
The litterbox fills up 3 times a day, he almost shits more than his bodyweight and he is an on-going alarm clock in the morning with literally no snooze button. And im not talking about morning like 9 morning but 5-6 in the morning, which is basically still nighttime for many. I would come home at 5 during weekends sometimes and it would be scratching the door, it can even open it if its not locked. In the beginning when he first moved in, it was like freddy krueger moved in. non -stop scratching on the door, making loud sounds when he is messing around in the kitchen and opening and closing doors. Im more used to it now so I dont have to open the bedroom door every minute of the night that often anymore to check if freddy krueger is outside, its usually just doda the cat. (I think).,

After having him for a while I realised his personality is really great. Doda walked in carefully taking his first steps into the appartment and didnt cause any harm trouble, noise, or mess. He was quite shy and scared of the tv. Hes now grown out of being shy and hes a truly loving character, 50% playful and 50% cuddly, like the perfect cat should be. Hes the perfect partner for a quiet night at home watching a movie, and he will keep you company if your just bored.

Other than him posing as a burglar during the night, he is very sweet and loves attention,. you would walk past him and he drops down to the floor(as the lazy overweight cat he is) and lay on his back with his paws up in the air waiting to be cuddled with. He is so sweet and welcoming when I come home from a long day and if not given enough attention he would come and step all over my computer when Im using it. VeryVeryVery cute cat and hes worth all his trouble because at the end of the day, hes quite more interactive then my thousands of stuffed toys all together.



No comments: