Monday 6 December 2010

How to downgrade your Blackberry OS with a mac

As a self-acclaimed google master I almost feel like giving my title away. it took me more than 3 hours to try to google how to downgrade my blackberry os. After installing the newest OS 5.0 for my curve, I realised how messy the messaging system is, and it drove me crazy especially when I was trying to organize meetings and such - I coulsnt find any messages or what so ever, not even the unread ones. Some might like this new OS but for me the older OS was much more organized in terms of messaging. Everything else I guess would be fine ( have not bothered to check out much of what 5.0 has to offer as I have been so annoyed with it I couldnt stand using it)

Anyways, after trying to google how to downgrade it, It occured to me it was impossible to find a simple way of doing it - simply because people maybe havent found the simple was to do it. Worst thing is, the option was right there in front of me all the time.



So, here goes for anyone else who are as frustrated as me with the new OS messaging system on your blackberry:

simply go to blackberry desktop manager (DM) and

1. click update device software -click on install, remove applications, and from here
2. show other versions
3. I couldnt be bothered to explain more as the screenshots below explain the rest






Voila!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please help me immediately!! I have the same problem and a mac and I can't find the click update device software anywhere!

Anonymous said...

The screenshots are out of sequence. You have to first select Device/Applications from the menu, then "check for updates", and then "show other versions". Hope this helps others who get here.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for that! It works great! :)