Tuesday 25 January 2011

Fhm Sol Beer FINALS!


 Last saturday was probably one of the highlights of my stay in Singapore - I won the FHM Sol Beer competition,  with Shiella and Christina as runner ups!! Ive never won any of these kind of competitions before so was super exciting and I was so shocked to win that I choked on all the interviews we had to do right after we were announced. 

I have no idea why I won over these bunch of beautiful girls, but I am grateful to get to know them all, this competition wouldnt have been fun without them and the great team behind Sol Beer. 



The day started off at 10 oclock in the morning (super early) so we could do our bikini fittings etc, and as we were supposed to do our soundchecks and everything (for the "talent part" of the show) Me and dave (guitar player) didnt get to do our soundcheck because LMFAO had some problems with one of the amps.. their soundcheck lasted like 3 hours. Anyways got to chat with the guys after and I told them that they stole away my soundcheck time so one of the guys felt guilty and gave me and wendy a bottle of patron by the end of the night lol!  (that by the way was stolen together with two other bottles:S)

And (almost) to my suprise I had to supporters coming down that day - Vy,Wendy and hanne showed up just in time for my performance!

Doing the performance (make me wanna die by the pretty reckless acoustic) with only a couple of days of practice was scaring, and when I performed I was shaking so much and my voice turned all sour and crooked but anyways Im glad I had the guts to complete it. Its hard performing with only one person playing behind you, in comparison to having my team of 6 from CloseApart rocking it so loud that my voice blends in with the guitars. (by the way we are releasing our album this month! www.wearecloseapart.bandcamp.com)

Anyways you can check out my failed croked supershaky performance here : My Performance - Xin Msn 
but I warn you to not boost your speakers haha.
i would much rather you check out this link if you wanna hear a full rendition of the same cover here recorded on my mac; Cover of the pretty reckless - Mera 
or other covers here, but they are quite old :myspace

LOL!

Later the night Ray and the guys showed up and a bunch of friends from KL, to see the LMFAO concert, which was great btw and even greater since me and Wendy got to dance on stage while they were performing, !Dancing in slippers is NOT easy!

Other than this, again thanks everyone in the SOL team and FHM for a great month, will never forget this day =)
















supernervous man!














LMFAO!





Felicia me and Gilly!





Beautiful Shiella Lee - check out her website here: www.shiella.com
Amelia in her fab outfit =D

Pretty Christina! runner up!
Shiella, also runner up =) congrats girls!

thanks to

for alot of the pictures babe =)




´

1 comment:

derek said...

Great job on winning! I really enjoyed reading your description of the event, too...you're a very good writer. Cheers.